The Mission Endowment Fund: Investing in the work of Christ’s Church... Now and in the Future.
Background and Purpose:
The Mission Endowment Fund of the Community Lutheran Church (CLC) was established by action of a congregational meeting on January 23, 2005.
The purpose of the fund is to support the work and mission of the Community Lutheran Church in and beyond our community.
- Your gift to the Fund will keep giving for years to come
- 5% of the average value of the Fund in the previous year is designated each year to be given for church outreach
- The proceeds from the fund are used to support special ministries of CLC and the broader church rather than regular operating expenses at CLC
- The Congregation reviews and approves the annual distribution of the Fund
- The Fund does not replace Memorial Gifts, which continue to be separately administered
What Will My Gift Do?
CLC’s Mission Endowment Fund is designed to be an active source of mission support in and beyond the Community Lutheran Church. Every year, 5% of the Fund is distributed in accordance with the following general guidelines:
(a) Up to 40% for special projects within CLC’s local area;
(b) Up to 40% for special ministries within the New England Synod, ELCA;
(c) Up to 40% for ELCA Church-wide ministries;
(d) Up to 40% for extraordinary programs or ministry initiatives within this congregation.
How Can I Give?
There are many options for how to give to the Fund. Gifts can come from:
- stocks or bonds,
- real estate,
- life insurance policies,
- memorials, or
Where Do I Find Out More?
Please speak with Pastor or one of the Mission Endowment Fund committee members to learn more about CLC’s Mission Endowment Fund. Your financial planner or bank can also assist you in planning your gift.
Website content coming soon!