Mascoma Valley Thanksgiving Ingathering 2017
Area churches including Community Lutheran Church, Millbrook Christian Fellowship, St. Helena Parish and St. Mary's Mission Catholic Churches, and the Mascoma Valley United Methodist Parish, along with local area Scout Units are working together on the Annual Ingathering project. We collect canned goods and nonperishable food items for Thanksgiving Food Baskets. (Sorry, we cannot accept home-baked or home-canned food.) Please check the expiration dates, as we cannot distribute items that have expired nor can we distribute open items.
- canned chicken
- fresh bagged potatoes
- carrots, etc.
- pie crust mix
- pie filling
- bread mixes
- cranberry sauce
- boxed potato dishes
- canned sweet potato
- stuffing mixes
- peanut butter
The weekend before Thanksgiving, we collect, organize and distribute Thanksgiving Baskets to neighbors in need. A turkey or precooked chicken is included in each box. Any items left over are donated to the Enfield and Canaan Friends Feeding Friends Food Pantries and the Mascoma Area Food Pantry at the Mascoma Area Senior Center in Canaan. To participate in this long-standing, worthwhile project, please place your contributions in this bag and do one of the following:
- Put your bag outside in a clearly visible location for pick up no later than 10 a.m Sunday, Nov. 19th.
- Deliver the bag yourself Saturday Nov. 18th between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or Sunday, Nov. 19th between 9 and 11 a.m. to the Enfield Methodist Church Fellowship Hall
- Bring your bag to your worship service Sunday, Nov. 19th.
- Cash donation are also accepted. Checks should be made out to "Community Lutheran Church" with "Ingathering" written in the memo space. Checks can be sent to CLC or brought to the Ingathering.
- Sorting and distribution take place Sunday, November 19th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.